Check the top 5 organic listings for a range of search terms and log the listing title, link, display link and description in a shared doc. Process to be repeated once weekly.
- Search query strings loaded into scraping script, hosted in the cloud. Scraping speed set low to avoid blocking issues.
- Top 5 listing details (title, description, url and display url) loaded into Google Sheet doc, with data organised using a pivot table to track weekly progress.
This system can be used to collect any kind of data from Google result pages. For example:
- Website URL’s for businesses in certain locations
- Tracking keyword rankings
- Custom database creation or filling gaps.